Murray Hill Townhouse
The extensive exterior and interior renovation of this five-story townhouse in New York City's Murray Hill neighborhood, originally designed as a single family house and converted to apartments in 1938, transformed this grand building back to a single family house configuration. Most of the existing interiors had to be removed down to the structure to accommodate the new family's requirements: 13 bedrooms, 10 baths, a kitchen with a large pantry, laundry, living, family, and library rooms; all fitting seamlessly into the original building.
St. Luke's Parish House
St. Luke's Episcopal Church, it's rectory, and new parish house stand at the heart of historic East Hampton Village. Fronting the Village Green, the St. Luke's Parish House is both a sensitive and sensible addition to its ancestor buildings as well as the neighboring Home Sweet Home Museum, a timber lean-to house dating to the 1720's, and Mulford Farm. The new building was designed while at Cooper Robertson in the Carpenter Gothic style with select Tudor elements as a nod to the architecture of the rectory completed in 1916. Environmentally sustainable, it features a diverse mix of uses such as a parish hall, vesting room, sacristy, offices, a large kitchen, choir practice room and various classrooms
Upper East Side Townhouse Kitchen Renovation
Comprehensive renovation of a 1930's classical townhouse kitchen in New York City's Upper East Side.
This waterfront Dominican Republic villa draws on a variety of Palladian and Anglo-Caribbean precedents including Heron Bay, Ronald Tree's house in Barbados. The minimalistic palette of materials and fixtures - coral stone walls, mahogany doors and windows, metal lamps and gates - were found or made locally. A beach palapa, tennis court, cutting garden, orchid house, garages and staff quarter's are located along the estate's walled periphery, screening out adjacent development. While at Cooper Robertson we added the grand palapa, "chinese" dining pavilion, and pool cabana.